Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For My Son on Graduation Day

Today, as you Graduate, one chapter in your life has closed, and another one is about to begin. The futures stands bright before you, so take hold of your dreams and no matter what .... don't let go. There will be time ahead when you feel overwhelmed but do not give up. For nothing which is worth anything comes without hard work and sacrifice. When you were a little boy I held your hand. I guided you and protected you the best that I could. It is time for me to let you go now. There is pain in that. Still there is a wonderful sense of pride and accomplishment as I look at the young man that you have become. I love you, Ryan, and I pray that my love will sustain you. It is time now........... spreed your wings and fly.

4 comments:

Mom-Mom said...

Beautifuly said. Oh, wondrous
youth. I pray that Ryan will have the time if his
life! He is well prepared thanks to a wonderful family.

Angie Briggs said...

Congats Ryan! Wow, I really don't feel like that was that long ago that I was walking at my own graduation. I guess that means the next 10 years are going to fly for you. The best advise I ever got about college is: Play as hard as you work and Work as hard as you play.

amy said...

You are poet, that could be a graduation card-seriously.

Ryan you rock! We wish you luck on your next adventures. Wahooo!

Jeff n Jill said...

Congrats Ryan! What an awesome accomplishment. Have fun at school.