Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saying Good-Bye to our best Friend

Toby is another name for love....



Have you seen Marley and Me, and thought it was the greatest movie but the ending was a little sad because you really fell in love with Marley. On Monday (Memorial Day) our family said good- bye to our dear old lab "Toby". He was 11 years old. We were all with him when he passed. He has been with our family since he was 6 weeks old. It was a warm day in April, Mark was on a business trip and the night before our car had been broken into and I was feeling nervous being home alone with 3 small kids and wished I had a dog to make me feel safe. I had taken the kids to the mall and in the parking lot was a truck with a sign that said "Lab puppies". We just had to take a look. Well of course we fell in love and Tiffany's birthday was just around the corner and she cried "mom, the puppy is all I want for my birthday". He chewed our shoes, fingers and toes, listened to our tears, always up for a cuddle, tended many puppies, went on the boat and the water tube, climbed slide at the park, and couldn't wait to go for a walk. He always offered unconditional love and was always happy to see us come home. We will miss his smile, and his love.



3 comments:

Angie Briggs said...

You know that a dog is a "good dog" when he will be missed even by those who are far away. What luck it was to pick the tinny dog with the enormous heart. Good-bye Toby, you were a GOOD dog!

Mom-Mom said...

You know how much you are loved by how much you are missed. Toby will be missed by all. I even have happy memories of him going in and out of houses as they were being built. I even took him for many walkes all by myself. He just loved everybody. I loved to be the first one up to have him get the newspaper. It made me laugh. Good bye Tobay and have fun in Heaven with a good bone.

amy said...

I am so sorry that Toby died! he was a great dog and I know you guys loved him so much! I remember when Buffy died it took me a week before I could even think about it with bursting into tears. I will keep you guys in my prayers and we look forward to seeing you so we can give you a great big hug!