Everybody who's lived in or visited Ft. Collins has seen Horsetooth Rock. It is a very prominent landmark visible from anywhere in the Ft. Collins area. Horsetooth Mountain, towers 7,300 ft. Its rocky, rugged slopes provide a nursery for cactus, rabbitbrush and shortgrass, with stands of Ponderosa pines on the northern slopes. The trail head is only 15 minutes from our house. It was a beautiful morning so we strapped on our boots and hedded for the Mountain. It was beautiful to see the sun rising over us as we hiked. When we got to the top we looked West and could see the whole front range mountains. If we looked East we could see all the city's that covered the nearby areas.



2 comments:
Wow, that looks amazing! So were you guys scaling a cliff?!! How fun just wake up and decide to climb a moutain. Did you guys climb to the top? The only moutain I have climbed to the top is Timpanogas in Utah. I loved it. I would love to climb Horsetooth sometime too. (only if I do not have to scale any cliffs :).!
Beautiful! Thank you for the pictures. I can now hike in my dreams. I love to see the view from above. I know a good hike can be so fun. Good photography too. I send my love and best wishes for a good sabbath and lots of love. Mom
Post a Comment